Monday, August 20, 2012

Tutu take 2

So I had used an elastic that seemed to be a little too lightweight and was already stretching out just being around the chair so I went out and bought a more heavy duty elastic. Once I sewed it together I had to take apart the old one and redo it to the new band. Having the practice of the 1st one I did a better job and the knots were closer and tighter. All the tulle
from the 1st one covered about 1/2 of the 2nd on which shows you how much room for improvement there was. lol This pic is of the new and improved tutu. I am much happier with this one.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Projects for Burning Man


This is the tutu I made for tutu Tuesday. I cut the tulle in alternating lengths to give it some depth. I may cut the long ones shorter but I am not sure yet. It was a lot more work than I thought it would be but I am happy with the results. Now I need to start on the jacket.